Friday, April 6, 2007

Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine

Another tour we all loved was the Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine. I'd been on the tour about 11 years ago, but it has changed greatly.



Here's a photo of one of the old mine buildings. I think it's beautiful.

Here are Nana and Alexandra on an old rail. They did give us seats instead of having us ride in an old cart. This was like an incredible amusement ride! We went riding along the tracks - it was even dark part of the time.


This was our tour guide showing us the rope signals. He was a great guide. He'd actually worked in the mines for about 20 years in the 70's and 80's. I want to read more about these gold mines. The stories he told us about miners and the gold were fascinating. I did buy a book, so I'll share some more after I read it.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool tour! He looks just as you would expect a crotchety, old miner to look, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete